The OF Blog: Post National Book Award review plans for November

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Post National Book Award review plans for November

So far, I'm well above the pace I had planned when I announced that I would write 30 new reviews in the month of November.  19 reviews over 14 days so far, not counting reposts of Faulkner reviews that I wrote earlier this year for Gogol's Overcoat.  Now that my reviewing mojo is back (at least for a little bit), I think I'll go ahead and list a few more books that I plan on covering this month:

The 5 Under 35 authors selected by the National Book Foundation (Haley Tanner, Jennifer duBois, Justin Torres, Stuart Nadler, Claire Vaye Watkins) will be reviewed over the next 5-10 days.  These are their debut efforts:

Tanner, Vaclav & Lena
duBois, A Partial History of Lost Causes
Torres, We the Animals (I wrote a brief piece on it in December 2011 when I selected it as my #1 Most Notable 2011 Release, but this will be a formal review)
Nadler, The Book of Life (collection)
Watkins, Battleborn (collection)

Karin Tidbeck, Jagannath:  Stories

Kelly Barnhill, Iron Hearted Violet

Peter Heller, The Dog Stars

Mark Helprin, In Sunlight and in Shadow

Padgett Powell, You & Me

Lydia Netzer, Shine Shine Shine


And maybe a few more from Javier Marías, Catherynne Valente, Andrzej Sapkowski, and Steven Erikson.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites